Name for Contributors – International Politics in a Publish-Fact Age
We’re looking for contributors for an open entry edited quantity, published with E-International Relations titled International Politics in a Publish-Fact Age. The e book can be revealed in free on-line internet and book variations, and be obtainable in paperback in e book shops. Publish-truth might be described as circumstances wherein information are much less influential in shaping public opinion and political motion than emotion, perception and distortion. The aim of the e book is to convey collectively a variety of various chapters that mirror upon the state of world, regional and nationwide politics within the twenty-first century inside the context of post-truth. What unites the chapters shall be that they’re written with regards to the (supposed) erosion of most of the norms and patterns of political and social behaviour established within the second half of the 20 th century – given the rise in social media and the web, political polarisation, and new patterns of state rivalries that harness post-truth politics. What additionally unites the chapters shall be an expectation that they’re written to be digestible to a common reader, together with policymakers and college students.
We intend this e book to have a large impression socially and politically and never solely discover a scholarly viewers. So, whereas we anticipate chapters will have interaction with tutorial themes and modern analysis and cater to students, authors shall be anticipated to work to current complicated concepts in an accessible means. We welcome abstracts on areas resembling these listed under. We intend this e book to have a large, interdisciplinary, remit and encourage these forming abstracts to see this record as indicative and never exhaustive.
- Survey essays investigating how concepts resembling post-truth politics and associated ideas emerge(d).
- Centered analyses of particular info wars, pretend/false information cases (and so forth.) formed round case research involving each state and/or non-state components/actors.
- Critiques of the concept of globalization, whether or not it nonetheless endures, and/or whether or not extra ‘International’ types of IR would supply options to most of the points generated by a post-truth age.
- The dissolution of the left/proper spectrum and the rise of polarization and the politics of ‘emotion’ and ‘perception’ (and so forth.). Right here, we welcome centered case research such Brexit/Trump/Bolsonaro and so forth.
- Evaluation of the ‘mainstreaming’ of conspiracy principle and millennialism in politics. This may very well be utilized thematically to the ‘international’ – and/or utilized to extra ‘native’ settings.
- The thought of ‘Westlessness’, or in different phrases an evaluation of the decline within the energy and affect of western states in Worldwide Relations, and/or a concentrate on different world orders/energy buildings which might be rising.
- Knowledgeable reflections on whether or not tackling shared threats (resembling pandemic illness, meals and water shortages, local weather change and so forth.) is in danger from misinformed populations and leaders.
- Intersectional analyses of sexuality, gender and/or race associated to the rise of post-truth politics and populism. These analyses ought to be utilized to case research/examples of political leaders, nationalism, populism, tradition wars and so forth.
- Regional views are additionally welcome on any of the above.
We welcome abstracts of roughly 350 phrases by 1 July 2021 by way of electronic mail to Stephen McGlinchey at: Stephen.Mcglinchey@uwe.ac.uk
Please title your electronic mail ‘Publish-truth e book summary’ and likewise connect a quick biography or CV/resume exhibiting your affiliation and prior publications, contact info and a hyperlink to your tutorial webpage (as relevant).
Your summary ought to have a draft chapter title and clearly define the narrative arc of the proposed chapter. Observe, the utmost size of commissioned chapters for the e book shall be 5000 phrases, excluding references. So, issue this into your summary.
If accepted, chapters shall be formally commissioned in early July and be due for submission by 1 October 2021. Following submission, chapters shall be subjected to look assessment, and an inside editorial course of to make sure consistency of high quality and tone of the general quantity.
Additional Studying on E-Worldwide Relations
Earlier than you obtain your free e-book, please take into account donating to
assist open entry publishing.
E-IR is an impartial non-profit writer run by an all volunteer crew.
Your donations permit us to put money into new open entry titles and pay our
bandwidth payments to make sure we hold our current titles free to view. Any
quantity, in any forex, is appreciated. Many thanks!
Donations are voluntary and never required to obtain the e-book – your hyperlink to obtain is under.